PATINS Part Time Assistive Technology Lending Library Assistant
Apply (opens new window)
106 flexible contracted days to be worked between July 1 and June 30, and not to exceed 29.5hrs in any given week. Flexible Hours, as tasks & responsibilities permit.
PATINS Office in West Lafayette, Indiana
Partial Teleworking option, if tasks & responsibilities permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Exempt, salary employee
- Flexible Days & Flexible Hours
- Partial Teleworking option
- Salary Schedule starts at $12,000 annually, with flexibility commensurate with education, training, unique skills, and related experience.
PATINS State Director, Assistant Director, and Lending Library Manager
This position is scheduled to begin July 1, 2022, and may be filled at any time. The opportunity for shadowing/training prior to July 1 is also possible. Contact with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PATINS Lending Library Assistant position is part time. Amongst other potential duties as assigned by the Director, this individual will work closely with the PATINS Lending Library Manager to primarily be responsible for:
- Collecting items per packing list prepared from Loan Requests received
- Securely packing all items on the packing list
- Processing UPS shipping label and updating relevant records to ship the loan
- Scheduling UPS pickups as needed and/or drop off at UPS Access Point for emergency requests when needed
- Emailing borrowers to notify of shipping schedule
- Monitoring loan due dates and sending reminders/past due notices when appropriate.
- Verifying and maintaining required Loan Evaluations from borrowers
- Processing UPS return labels once Loan Evaluations are verified received
- Checking in returns, notifying Lending Library Manager of missing/broken issues
- Cleaning returned items, resetting/updating devices as needed and returning appropriately to inventory
- This person may also work with PATINS Specialists on occasion and with school corporation staff on Lending Library loan questions and problem solving.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Computer & Software skills including Microsoft Windows, Office, Mac OS, iOS,
- Google, cloud storage and documents, and excellent digital organization skills and a willingness to learn new technology and software as required.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work both independently and in team situations.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills to handle potentially complex and sensitive interactions between PATINS staff, school corporation staff, and others.
- Good conflict resolution and effective decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to provide timely, accurate information and meet all shipping and reporting requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and to physically ship & receive lending library assistive technology, materials, and software.
- Experience in education-related field not required, but preferred.
Position may be filled at any time.